Thursday, September 22, 2011

Life Is Worth The Living


Today was my first full day at CHAIN and it was absolutely precious!  For the first half of the day I helped teach the creation story and after prayer time and a 30 minute lunch break, we resumed class. The next subject to cover was mathematics.  The class I am helping with is Primary three, which is (roughly) ages 7-10.  In this class of 54 children there are 10 blind children, so I spent the afternoon reading out fractal word problems and helping them solve the questions once they had the problem written out in brail. 
As I mentioned, before lunch time there is an hour set aside for worship and prayer.  The service in predominately in Luganda, but the kids sang a few songs in English.  One of the songs they sang was Because He Lives.  It was so moving to listen to over 100 precious, abandoned orphans sing of hope in the future and life being worth living even though their parents labeled them as worthless. 
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
 It's days like this that make life worth the living to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment