Monday, April 18, 2011

God Knows Everything

I know the title of this post seems ridiculously obvious, but I somehow find myself always needing this reminder.  The past few weeks have been full of frustration for me as I prepare to make major decisions about life post Uganda.  It's crazy to realize that only a semester of college is left for me once I get back...that means really figuring out what I'm going to do with my life.  There are so many places I could go and things I could do, but the real question here is not what I am going to do, but why I'm going to do it and who is leading me there. 

My biggest fear is that I will end up in this incredibly ideal situation, but miss out on what God wants for me.  As I was spending some time praying for guidance today I was reminded of this simple truth: God knows everything.  So maybe my "decisions" are not a matter of deciding, but waiting.  Waiting for God to point out the direction, the answer, the plan....for some reason He does this in small steps.  I guess it wouldn't be waiting without those steps! 

As I wait and listen, listen and wait, I long to see what God is going to do, because lets face, He already knows.  As I wait, I find comfort in knowing that He already has it covered.  No matter what plans we have for the future, God is still the one calling the shots!

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand." Proverbs 19:21

Trust Him.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Wesley...
    I so wholeheartedly agree with you...he does know everything! Some of my biggest dissappointments in life God has used to my benefit down the road, and I have said, "Thank God I went through that so know I have the knowledge to deal with this situation!" Of course, me being a few years older than you helps too. ;)
    It's like as Joseph said to his brothers, what you have meant for bad, God has made good...may that be the attitude we all have!
    I am so proud of you and all that you are...you take care now and know that I love you!

    ReplyDelete